Nissan Z Production End of Life

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
My hope is that Nissan keeps building the Z for many years after the Supra is discontinued next year.

Maybe then I can park next to one at a local Cars & Coffee.

-RJM

Last edited:

loudsx

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
66stang, 70galant, 96200SX, 98GS300, 02XR6, 08mini
Now AU is enforcing some sort of emissions targets from next year I have doubts it will be long for the world here.

ZillaZ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Frontier Pro-4X, 2024 Z Performance
My guess is it will be the last generation of gas-powered Z sold in many countries due to many countries forcing electric on everyone and a lot of car companies claiming they will be all electric by 20XX.

Maybe they will just end the Z all-together in a few years. Ford says this generation of Mustang will be around for 7-8 years and it started this year. The last of the Chargers and Challengers were last year and the last year of the Camaro is this year.

I agree that Nissan will keep making the Z for at least a couple years after the Supra is gone to try and grab some of the market before they sunset it though.

MattJ2020

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Z
Occupation
Photographer
Japan, Australia, US, Philippines, UAE, Mexico and Japan, oh and Canada are the only markets they sell the Z. Small amount of sales for such a car globally, if Europe were in the reach of Sales then maybe but I have a feeling there will be one or two more years left and that’s it. Go off with a bang.

Ckynus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Film
Regardless of sales numbers the Z is a dealership draw. They feature the Z in all advertisements. Even if people buy an Altima, having the Z in the product lineup gives NIssan some style points.

D2M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nismo Z, Veloster N, Ram 2500
I think Z sales were up %40 in Q1 vs Supra sales down %40.

OP
OP
Loco38SUP

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra
Occupation
Engineer
That’s promising, supply must be up to push sales numbers.

-RJM

MacCool

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z, GMC2500HD (winter), others
Occupation
retired
I agree that Nissan will keep making the Z for at least a couple years after the Supra is gone to try and grab some of the market before they sunset it though.
I agree...but like the 370Z's end-of-life, I sure wouldn't look for any changes to the platform other than minor tweaks between now and its death. The 370Z went 13 years basically unchanged, and the chassis/interior is still being used, again basically unchanged. I seriously doubt that Nissan has either the money or the will to do a new niche car with such a tiny market.

D2M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think the Z is becoming more and more appreciated. I personally never buy the same car twice, always a different make and model every time. I had cars from $500 to $150,000, Im sometimes a hard sell, I liked it enough to buy one..

Ckynus

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z
Occupation
Film
I agree...but like the 370Z's end-of-life, I sure wouldn't look for any changes to the platform other than minor tweaks between now and its death. The 370Z went 13 years basically unchanged, and the chassis/interior is still being used, again basically unchanged. I seriously doubt that Nissan has either the money or the will to do a new niche car with such a tiny market.
The only change I am anticipating for 2025 is a manual Nismo

Fanatic

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Nissan Z Performance 6MT and many more...
Occupation
Hospitality Management
I don't think the world is going all electric. Too many deficiencies and shortcomings and inconveniences. If anything we will have more hybrid vehicles and smaller engines and turbocharged. Cars are getting more and more expensive so everything's just going to get more limited and less accessible for the everyday person.

MacCool

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2024 Performance Z, GMC2500HD (winter), others
Occupation
retired
The only change I am anticipating for 2025 is a manual Nismo
Dunno...McNismo likely has better insight. A manual Nismo certainly makes sense, but no clue if it makes marketing sense given changes to the market and Nissan's economic situation. Whether or not they do put an MT in the Nismo might give a clue as to their commitment to the platform.

bpeckham

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Z Performance 6MT Blue/Graphite
Cars are getting more and more expensive so everything's just going to get more limited and less accessible for the everyday person.
My mechanic shares this same viewpoint.

And with respect to an electric "sports car", this Road & Track article lists several, and very few are in the Z's price range. If you're looking for a small, two-door, two-seat coupe, you're into six or seven figures.

flyrchris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Nissan Z Performance
I live in north Houston and have had mine for over a year and have yet to see another Z regardless of spec. I don't know where they all are.

D2M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
"While Nissan sold 671 examples of the new Z in Q1 2024, up 44% from last year, Toyota only managed to sell 484 Supras last quarter recording a 46% decline. Nissan Group (including Infiniti) achieved a 7.2% sales increase compared to Q1 2023, reaching 252,735 units. The Rogue was Nissan’s best-selling model with 90,804 deliveries."

I have yet to see one other than mine out in the wild. Now that you can get one well below MSRP people are more inclined to buy one..