BOULDER GRAY Nissan Z Color Pics & Club

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
So I did a little color correction on the image above and got the following - it's desaturated a smidge and the blue toned down a bit. You'll notice that the orange cars in the background aren't so neon, the guy's jeans at the front look more realistic, and the skin tone on the face of the guy standing beside the car is less red. Z still looks good, but definitely less blue.

Corrected.jpg

Mardoc01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nissan max plat.
So I did a little color correction on the image above and got the following - it's desaturated a smidge and the blue toned down a bit. You'll notice that the orange cars in the background aren't so neon, the guy's jeans at the front look more realistic, and the skin tone on the face of the guy standing beside the car is less red. Z still looks good, but definitely less blue.

Corrected.jpg
Thx. Now that looks like a darker grey. Rather than those opaque looking flat greys I see driving around. .?

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
90 300ZX 93 300ZX Roadster 14 370Z StillenRoadster

Corrected.jpg
Hey guys if you want the true and real adjusted colour check out Larry Chen's photos. He's using the proper camera filters that the pros use (to capture the real codec). He used the Canon R3 and RF lenses.

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
Hey guys if you want the true and real adjusted colour check out Larry Chen's photos. He's using the proper camera filters that the pros use (to capture the real codec). He used the Canon R3 and RF lenses.
If you are talking about the official Nissan photos in the link below, they are much more blue than what can be seen on Rogues and Pathfinders with the same paint code. Using expensive equipment doesn't mean squat for colour accuracy if you post-process out the wazoo.

https://usa.nissannews.com/en-US/releases/release-832261c25e9d6fa480b83b275d1f6757?

Last edited:

Denver the Last Dinosaur

First Name
Denver
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
cardboard box
He might be using the most expensive and best digital photography equipment money can buy ... but unfortunately your own computer display can still be cheap crap and showing you incorrect colours. Even photos in magazines can be misleading. The only sensible option is to see the colours in-person on a real car before you part with any money. :)

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
He might be using the most expensive and best digital photography equipment money can buy ... but unfortunately your own computer display can still be cheap crap and showing you incorrect colours. Even photos in magazines can be misleading. The only sensible option is to see the colours in-person on a real car before you part with any money. :)
Agreed. Luckily BG and GM can both be seen on other Nissan vehicles, and I will be checking them out before locking in my reservation for a GM.

That said, if you have a calibrated display running in the appropriate colour space as I do then if the photo is correctly balanced it should display reasonably close to what you will see IRL.

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
I tried to take diff angles for the color showing, just came back from Petersens. Captured by my iPhone, nothing fancy, but their lighting is too yellowish on that 3rd floor.

I think that's the one will be driven straight to my garage, exact Performance options with red/black int ;)

1650587993486.jpeg

1650588008180.jpeg

1650588021263.jpeg

1650588045140.jpeg

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
He is. You are correct. And my computer display is as well. And I've already parted with the money. And that is how I will be driving the car by late June. You are correct on all three.

FBD

First Name
FBD
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Which photos?
Look up Larry Chen. He did the video of the BG. But the still photos are the ones with the corrected Canon lenses. I've already had one of these pearl BG type cars and it looked different everyday. You just gotta buy it to see for yourself.

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
Look up Larry Chen. He did the video of the BG. But the still photos are the ones with the corrected Canon lenses. I've already had one of these pearl BG type cars and it looked different everyday. You just gotta buy it to see for yourself.
He uses a proper camera and filters that the pros use because he is a professional photographer for Nissan.

You wont find anything more accurate than his photos for Nissan US.

Last edited:

DevonK

First Name
Take a guess
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
TBD
He uses a proper camera and filters that the pros use because he is a professional photographer for Nissan.

You find anything more accurate than his photos for Nissan US.
Pretty sure those are his photos, Google comes up with nothing searching Chen and Nissan Z in BG except one or two of those shots.

OP
OP
trackratZ

trackratZ

First Name
August
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
240Z RB26DETT,Glady Rubi, Model Y LR, 987 Cayman S
Occupation
Software security
His IG shots, great collection of other motorsports!

jezzza

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ranger Raptor
Occupation
‎‎ Engineer
^ this is getting lost in translation. We're all talking about the same photos here.